Thursday, February 12, 2009

Psychopathology Equals Torture

So, I'm sitting in my class. The only class that I have once a week, for four hours. I am paying a lot for this Masters program and this is the first (and probably only) module where I feel like I should get a refund. I wish I could explain this inescapable torture to you, but I would never purposefully wish that upon anyone....except this professor. It's only halfway over right now and I can't wait to leave. Only one more class left, and a crapload of assignments to get done by next week including a 15-25 page paper I have to do on Bulimia Nervosa Disorder. That should at least be interesting. I can only hope that one day I will look back on this and not remember it. Seriously.

On a random note...I have been discovering how much I dislike being ignored by others. I have recognized how much I (and my fellow classmates) ignore this professor in class and it somehow triggered my newly found pet peeve. You know, like when you try to talk to someone and you are obviously making an effort, but they just don't say more than one word back. Or when you push paperwork everyday and people ask what you do like you don't do anything at all. That's annoying and I do not appreciate it. Unfortunately, I am passive aggressive and can't stand confrontation so I suppose I can just blog about it instead. Good job Meg.

On another note, I have been feeling pretty pessimistic (can you tell?), but as I continue on with my support system in place, I feel that I can be more optimistic... obviously not during this blog, but it seems more plausible now. It is like finally getting a breathe of fresh air when I assumed that no air was left. There is so much of me that lives in the past or numbly reacts to the present, but as I have always been a hopeful person I believe that life can always be (and get) better.

We shall see......

1 comment:

  1. It will be over soon. I am so proud of you for how well you are doing in these master level classes. I cant wait until I can refer all these crazy church folk to you!

    ReplyDelete