Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fashionably Late

So, I don't really follow blogging closely, but it looked like fun so why not join in? Although, I'm a little late boarding the blogging train, so I hope it's not too late.
Here I am, supposed to be diligently working on my Psychopathology presentation and instead I am starting a blog...oh how I love procrastination!
It's snowing/sleeting outside. Nice! Of course, it's supposed to be like 60 on Saturday so high five to my sinuses on that one.
I didn't have to work today and I went home at 1 yesterday. So far, it's been a nice week, minus the preparation for my presentation in class.
This class is going to be the end of my perfect "A" status so far in Grad School...super. Just as I thought I might make it through without a hitch, I get stuck with a professor who can't possibly speak the same language I do because I sure don't understand a word that comes out of her mouth. You want me to do what? by when?! where do I find it? huh? Umm....okay sure whatever you say, maybe I'll get lucky and find a translation for crazy. And why make a syllabus if you don't even want me to follow it? Yeesh, this professor could claim her own disorder in the DSM-IV-TR (that's the Psych Bible in case you didn't know).
I'm being pessimistic, let's go ahead and blame that on the stress. Of course, it might help if I didn't procrastinate, but I'll have to give that up later.
I made some delicious Scotcharoos today! Oh my goodness, they are the best batch I've made so far! If you don't know what a Scotcharoo is....don't worry it's alcohol free (for now anyway, haha). It's peanut butter Rice Krispy's with a chocolate/butterscotch topping. If you are real nice to me, I'll make you some! They are the best! I didn't know what else to do today, so I made these and they make the world a better place (or at least my world).
Okay, well, enough for today, I better get back to preparing my 7 minute presentation on whether Debriefing Trauma Survivors is Helpful or Harmful.......
I am officially locking myself in the guest room in my house and not coming out until I have my presentation done...or when Scrubs comes on...whichever comes first.

2 comments:

  1. Look forward to reading your blog!!! Good for you for giving into Peer Pressure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you write just like you talk when your hyped up on sugar... I like it!

    ReplyDelete